UK & Ireland Destinations
When it comes to taking a long weekend break you may like the idea of a city break and want to visit one of the UK or Ireland’s cities.
Cities known for their beauty and historical interest in England include:
– Bath, with its fascinating spa connections and Roman bath remains
– London, the capital city of England with its famous landmarks such as Big Ben and Westminster.
– Canterbury in Kent
– Oxford with its university connections
– Cambridge, a city surrounded by beautiful countryside
Cities in Ireland popular for city breaks include:
– Dublin, an irish city with a truly cosmopolitan feel
Scotland’s cities each offer something different:
– Edinburgh, is Scotland’s capital city and has an awe inspiring castle and historic buildings
– Glasgow, also known as a city of culture
– Aberdeen, the granite city.
Wales is home to Cardiff and Swansea. Wales though is a country known more for its national parks, coastline and countryside rather than for city breaks.
When taking a long weekend break in the UK or Ireland, from most places it is possible to find beautiful countryside within a reasonable travel time. Wherever you are, there should be plenty of options a reasonable 2 – 4 hour drive away or perhaps even nearer?
Overseas Destinations for Long Weekend Breaks
When taking long weekend breaks overseas and planning where to go, you need to consider travel time when choosing your destination. Consider carefully how long it will take you to get to your destination and consider check in times etc when considering where you can practically visit. It may be perfectly possible to sensibly visit a European destination from the UK but anywhere further afield and you may be too tired to really enjoy your weekend break upon reaching your destination.